Now that the weather is getting warmer, a sure sign of spring is the tapping of maple trees in Kirtland at Lakepark Farms Metropark. The park has 27 acres of of maple woodlands. It's an amazing network of around 900 trees that are tapped for the maple sugaring collection process.
- Hand tree tapping
- Horse-drawn sap gathering.
- Make a model mokuk (bark bucket)
- Maple leaf craft.
- Sample maple syrup and maple sugar
- Learn how to make maple syrup
in your own backyard.
- Maple flavored ice cream making.
- Sugar bush and maple conservation tours
- History of maple sugar exhibit
- Silver dollar pancake samples
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
General admission: $6
Ages 60 and older: $5
Ages 2 - 11: $4
Children younger than 2: Free
Lake County resident free days: First Sunday and third Tuesday of each month.
TONS MORE INFO!
8800 Chardon Road
Kirtland, Ohio 44094
(440) 256-2122 · 800-366-3276